Horticulture New Zealand AGM
The Horticulture New Zealand AGM will cover the previous year’s achievement, report on the financial position and present the current campaigns that HortNZ is leading. The full report on the previous year can be found here.
In summary, Horticulture New Zealand has had a solid year, successfully advancing our initiatives with biosecurity, resource management, people, and supporting growers. Our financial position improved over the year, increasing our retained earnings to just over $2 million with income of $6.7m and expenses of $5.5 million.
Horticulture New Zealand will present its election manifesto covering:
- Country of Origin Labelling for Fresh Fruit and Vegetables – independent survey found more than 70% want to know where there fresh fruit and vegetables comes from and want to buy local.
- Food Security Policy protecting the high value horticultural land so NZ can feed itself fresh vegetables and sustain horticulture’s export growth
- Biosecurity protecting our borders with a particular focus on protecting NZ from the Brown Marmorated Stink Bug.
- Workforce capability/skills development including the RSE scheme meeting industry growth.
- Vegetables.co.nz's healthy eating in schools initiative, where all year 7 and 8 students are taught to cook vegetables.
I look forward to seeing many of you there, and to being able to demonstrate our achievements to the growers we represent every day.
- Mike Chapman, CEO